ABM Contractors’ long term strategies and short term actions are molded by a core set of values. These values are shared by each and every employee. ABM’s mission is to deliver operational excellence in every corner of the business, and meet or exceed commitments to any company to which contracted.
The company’s evolving aspiration to be the very best is grounded in respect for diversity and commitment to creating exceptional opportunities, regardless of the size or pedigree of competitors.
A distinct and unique portfolio of experiences enables ABM to not only differentiate but surpass competitors in quality, innovation and value in a fiercely competitive market.
The leadership edge, resourcefulness, performance pace and passion for high standards, is the foundation upon which ABM builds the business daily.
Through the strong execution of strategies and managing ever changing financial risk exposures. ABM Contractors is committed to producing tangible, predictable results, through innovative, cost effective systems and service solutions focused on the enhancement of the client’s productivity in these challenging economic times.
Underpinning ABM Contractors’ business practices is a core set of uncompromising values:
- Integrity – We are honest and reliable, reflecting the highest ethical standards in all our business practices.
- Respect – We trust and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Leadership – We recognise the unique contribution and intrinsic worth of each individual and provide an inclusive environment focused on consistently delivering value.
- Value Creation – We focus on maintaining the highest possible standard, on even the simplest of tasks.
- Collaboration – We promote open communications as the key towards influencing and inspiring high performance outcomes.
ABM encourages employee participation in building truly great safety cultures. Two such ideas, listed below, are Mind Start and Spine Safe which were implemented by the crews at the KME Project and from there it has been refined and has spread throughout other work sites.
A process developed and implemented by ABM crews, Mind Start occurs every shift and is designed to get the workers’ minds on the job. Individually or together the crews solve complex problems, puzzles and brain teasers.
Manual handling is a huge part of day-to-day activities, so before starting work, employees warm up. Everyone participates, including staff. The program is run by the physical trainers within the crews.
Preparing our People
Part of the Way We Work is about preparing ourselves and the business for growth. Teaching people to think differently and helping them reach their full potential, is a key element to ABM Contractors’ success.